Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Happy Belated Holidays and a Happy New Year!

I know it has been forever, but I have an excuse! A really good one at that! I have been traveling around the United States for the last 2 weeks visiting family for the holidays. So before I get into that, Happy Holidays to all my unfortunate readers :) I hope your holidays were prosperous and full of great family and cheer.

So where have I been? Well---If I don't count airports it doesn't seem so vast, but I spent a majority of my time split between Phoenix and Northern Illinois. My husband's daughter from his first (and unsucessful) marriage, lives in AZ and with him deploying soon he wanted to go and see her. Given our quick relationship and its escalating status, I had never met her until now. I've always been known as the girl with not a motherly bone in her body, and just the sight of a child gives me anxiety. Thus, my friends were very interested to see just how all of this unfolded. But I care to think I did very well entertaining and getting to know a smart, chatty (yet bratty) 4 year old.



I had a blast and can't say I didn't leave there with the itch of us having our own. B even commented on how surprisingly motherly I was being. Gold Star for me! I definitely am still a huge fan of the Puppy first, Baby second method. And btw...Arizona is BEAUTIFUL!




From Arizona we went to Illinois. This is were all B's family was from so it was interesting to be involved with holiday traditions that aren't your own families. I had yet to meet his family either, so that added a whole new twist. The 6 days we were there I'm pretty much all we did was eat. B used to be a fat kid as well so eating at all his favorite local places was quite a task. We still didn't get everywhere I'll try to remember everything I ate ---

Harris Pizza
Happy Joes Pizza
Calzone
A Beef Tongue Sandwich (yea, don't ask about this one. haha)
A Waffle
Amerimexican Food
Country Style ice cream
Beer, beer, and more beer
Christmas Eve dinner (pizza, fried chicken, dips, fudge, cookies, pie)
Christmas Day dinner (turkey, ham, mashed potatoes, Rolls, Sweet Potatoes)


And that's all I can remember. I'd also like to add there was little to no exercise in there! Woo. Talk about putting on the Holiday pound. I'm sad to admit, but I've managed to gain 6 lbs! 6!!

We came back home to a snow storm, which doesn't happen around these parts--- ever. So the place went into a standown. I finally made it to the gym today. I missed my Personal Training appointment on Monday due to snow and rescheduled my ass kicking for Friday. Today was a light day, because I really didn't want to do it, but knew needed to. That 6 lbs is staring me in the face.

I had a lot of fun on vacation, but I wish I could do things in moderation! What I did and ate was pretty much the opposite of moderation and it showed on the scale. At least I know that I've got to get my butt back in the gym if I want to get back to where I was and closer to my goal!

Oh! And Santa Claus brought me some weightlifting gloves! No more calluses for me! I look forward to trying them out.

---toods



1 comment:

  1. When is your hubby expected to deploy and where will he be? My boyfriend is in the National Guard and is at Bagram Airfield in Afghanistan. You look like you were very good with his daughter (some some other pictures on FB) that's definitely deserving of a GOLD STAR! HAHA! I however, also agree with the "puppy first, baby second" motto :) Ya know, It's a bummer that you gained 6 pounds, but I mean, how often are you going to do what you just did the last 2 weeks...probably not again for a LONG time! So be glad you enjoyed yourself...that weight will come off in no time!

    ReplyDelete