Sunday, December 5, 2010

First things first---

I've been wanting to do this for awhile, and I'm hoping I'll soon have the time and/or things to talk about.  If you're reading this, I'm not sure how you found it or which wrong link you clicked on --- but don't hit the back button just yet!

Let me give you a taste of what this blog is going to be about.  I'm in a semi-new state, newly married to a man in the US Navy (going on 6 months now), and have been battling my weight for as long as I can remember.  I hope to use this blog to discuss my journey dealing with my emotions with my husband being away on deployment (coming the beginning of the year) and my weight loss battle that I just can't seem to win.

As I mentioned before, I've battle my weight for as long as I can remember. I've always been chubby (borderline fat) ever since I could walk. It didn't seem to be a problem, til I started noticing that my weight did affect the way I was treated by everyone around me. In high school, I was known as the "funny girl, with a pretty face, and a great personality" and I was okay with that. It wasn't until college that I felt that that label just wasn't enough. I became depressed about my weight and didn't really know how to fix it. Before I graduated college in 2007 I was up to 234 pounds. 




I moved to a different state to start my Masters degree, and there something just 'clicked' I started Weight Watchers, and lost about 70 lbs easy, and got down to 160ish through diet and exercise. And suprising I kept it off, until I moved again---



And here I am.  I started off great once I moved-- completed several half marathons, and ran numerous races--- and then I met the love of my life. We all know how this goes---I somehow accumilated 15 lbs of fat and none of my old clothes fit me quite the way they used to.  The husband, B, has been coming and going preparing for deployment and with that my appetite has done the same.

My name is Jennifer, and I'm an emotional eater. A horrible one at that! When I just don't know what else to do, why not go buy a whole pizza and do whatever you can to fit it all in? Or how about go buy a box of premade brownies and eat them continuously until you want to vomit? With B leaving soon, I want to find a new way to cope with these feelings of loneliness and him being gone. I've done my best to make the first step:

I JOINED A GYM!

I thought it would be a productive way to spend my time, better myself, and in the process help ease my mind. I hope that between this and blogging I'll be able to keep myself accountable as well as keep my emotions a little bit more under control.

Well until next time!

Jen

No comments:

Post a Comment