Friday, December 10, 2010

Doing the right thing.

I made the mistake of knowing I didnt eat enough today. I've been trying these Lean Shakes from GNC as a meal replacement for lunch, and they're actually pretty good and satisfying, but if I don't counter it with a snack about 2 hours later my stomach is not a happy camper!

I came home from work today completely famished, and just couldn't shake the idea of pizza from my head. I drove past two grocerty stores, strugglng to not stop and get a frozen, calorie dense pizza to just inhale. Somehow I made it home pizza free! I got out of the car and up to the doorstep, and naturally hanging on my doorknob was a flyer for pizza. I made it all way to the computer, had three tabs open from three different pizza places trying to figure out what I wanted to eat and what was the cheapest --- I'm not sure what happened, but I then made an stern decision inside my head saying, "No. You don't need it." I closed all the tabs and the computer and went to the kitchen.   GOOD DECISION #1.

(Questionable) GOOD DECISION #2. I've been a workout queen the last few days, and was on the fence all day about going to the gym just because I didn't feel like running or the ellipitcal and there wasn't any classes striking my fancy this evening.  I'm not sure what's going on, but I was at work and my right hip started hurting. Because this is kind of what I do, I have an idea of what might be going on in there. Athletic trainers are always the worst patients because we never practice what we preach. I ultimately knew that if I didn't take a day off, I'll end up making something as simple as simple inflammation into a bigger problem I'll have to continue to deal with. So I'm taking the day off....fully off. And I have to say I'm a bit anxious about it! But I know its the right thing to do, and is ultimately a good deicison. I just have to keep reminding myself of that.

So being the exciting married, 25 year old woman I am, I'm going to spend the evening doing laundry and cleaning. I'm hoping B's ship may be pulling in early and I'll see him sooner rather than later. And lord knows I don't want him knowing what the house really looks like when he's away haha :)

I'm liking this Blog Hop train I jumped on. I've found many new blogs that I can read and hopefully gain some support and insight on this weightloss/diet journey!

Jennifer

No comments:

Post a Comment