Sunday, March 6, 2011

I'm alive--- sort of.

Well, one blog entry a month is a decent average...right? haha

I thought this would be a good way to keep me accountable, but turns out keeping accountable hasn't really been a problem! It's more the finding time to put in the effort of a blog. It's much harder than it looks, so I most definitey have a newfound respect to the blogs I read religiously and get bummed when I don't see a new entry everyday.

So what's new?

Not much of anything. B is still gone, and will be for another 4 months and most of my time has been spent at work or the gym. I've gotten into a pretty good routine and now waking up early isn't an issue, and neither is going to the gym in the morning. It's nice to know I don't have to rely on classes in order to get my exercise in.

I have to give some credit to my personal trainer I've been seeing 2 to 3 times a week. I bought 12 sessions, and I'm pretty sure I'm getting close to using them all and I'm definitely going to invest in more. I hate spending that much money on someone to make up workouts and watch me do them, but with him being there I tend to put forth more effort because I am being watched and I don't want to fail. I also have been using a lot his workouts we do, on days that I don't have sessions in order to get in a nice mixture of cardio and strength training.

I know I mentioned in my last entry (a month ago--haha yea I know, it was AWHILE ago) that I was just having my first session and I was going back to get weighed and get my measurements done. Well at that time I was down 3.5 lbs, which is about a 4 lbs difference then the scale I have at home, and down an inch on my waist, and everything else was about the same. However, I was down 4% body fat from the last night I was there! I'm due for new measurements soon and I hope that when I buy a new package of sessions we can do it again and hope to see even more of a difference.

My scale battery died, so I hate not having a scale at the house, which i probably a good thing. I've been weighing myself at the gym though, on the heavy scale that said I had only lost 3.5, way back when. It said today that I was down to 168.5 which would mean I've lost about 6.5 lbs since my last measure. So not exactly a HUGE difference, but the plus is I can finally fit back into my skinny jeans I used to be wear about a year and half ago. So regardless of what that scale has to say there is clearly a difference if this butt can fit back into those! :)

So with that being said, my eating has been pretty good, a couple slip ups and here and there and I usually make up for it at the gym if I get a little crazy. So im quite happy with my progress all around.

Almost two months down in this deployment. wooo. I'm hoping that when he comes back I look like a new woman and I can look amazing for our wedding!

Well, I hope to update soooooon. Not April 3rd. :)

Toodles!

No comments:

Post a Comment